NY camps are not all equal. When it comes to camps in NY, it is important to get as much information as possible so that you can make an informed decision. NY day camps come in many shapes and sizes. Some day camps in NY focus on one activity such as soccer, baseball, basketball or tennis. Other summer day camps in NY focus on non-sports activities such as magic, arts and crafts, science and many other topics of interest.
Some NY summer day camps offer a variety of activities to choose from. If you are looking for your child to experience a well-rounded summer, then you should find summer camps in NY that offer sports activities, non-sports activities, swimming and field trips. To find the right summer camp in NY, you first have to know what criteria is important to you and your child.
Here are some tips that apply to most summer day camps in New York:
- Tip #1: Sign up early. Many summer camps in NY offer an early bird discount.
- Tip #2: Visit a NY summer day camp open house. This will give you an opportunity to meet the staff and ask lots of questions.
- Tip #3: Ask a lot of questions. Find out how the staff handles emergencies, and how behavior and discipline problems are approached.
- Tip #4: See a copy of a typical summer day camp schedule. You will get a good idea of what your child will be doing and how well planned the activities are.
- Tip #5: Find out what the summer camp tuition includes. Are there any hudden costs? Are there registration fees, transportation fees, trip fees, lunch fees, uniform fees or cancellation fees?
- Tip #6: Ask about the field trips. Are they safe? Are they age appropriate? Will your children enjoy them?
- Tip #7: Ask about the activities. Find out if the children will have an opportunity to choose activities that they like.