For many kids living in Queens, New York, summer is a time to go to a day camp program. Parents and children have needs when it comes to finding the right summer day camp program. The summer day camp experience should be fun, exciting and safe. Here are some tips from the staff of World of Discovery Summer Day Camp of Bayside, Queens NY. World of Discovery Day Camp has been bringing quality summer day camp programming to families of Queens for nearly 30 years.
- Tip #1: When it comes to summer day camp programs – don’t wait too long to sign up! Summer day camp programs can fill up early in the year and summer day camp programs generally offer discounts for signing up early. World of Discovery Day Camp is no exception – we are offering an early bird special to families who sign up at our first Summer Day Camp Open House on January 9, 2010. For more information, click here: World of Discovery Summer Day Camp Open House
- Tip #2: Go to a summer day camp open house. Visiting an open house is a great idea as it gives parents and children an opportunity to see the facility and to meet directors and other staff members. It is also a good time to ask questions and to get a feel for the people who are in charge of the summer day camp program.
- Tip #3: It is important to ask summer day camp directors about the experience and training of their camp counselors and other summer day camp staff. It is a good idea to ask about how they handle emergencies, and how behavior and discipline problems are handled.
- Tip #4: Ask to see a copy of the summer day camp schedule. This will give you an idea of how well planned the activities are.
- Tip #5: Find out about all of the fees associated with the summer day camp program. Are there any registration fees, transportation fees, trip fees, lunch fees, uniform fees or cancellation fees?
- Tip #6: Find out about field trips. Where will the campers go on trip days? How often do they take trips? What precautions are taken to ensure safety?
- Tip #7: Ask about the variety of activities. Are children given choices during the day? Is there a variety of summer day camp activities or is there only one activity offered that is mandatory for everyone to participate in? It is always preferable if there is more than one structured activity offered at a time so that campers can participate in sports, arts and crafts or other activities if they do not want to participate in the structured activity.
For more information, please feel free to contact World of Discovery Day Camp of Bayside Queens at P.O. BOX 604010 • BAY TERRACE, NY 11360-4010 • 718-229-3037 • firstname.lastname@example.org. 1 GREAT SUMMER!